The MAINGEAR Clutch-13 is a wickedly serious 13” notebook. Forged from years on the road, the Clutch packs features, performance, battery life, and security all into a mighty tiny package.
no wimpy usb port replicators here.
The MAINGEAR Clutch-13 ships with an optional docking station – you know, the kind of docking station you could park the USS Enterprise in – only much smaller and more practical. It’s a fully featured dock that includes DVI and VGA out, four USB 2.0 ports, audio out, LAN out, and even an optical bay supporting DVD or Blu-ray drives. And it’s got a Kensington lock for security as well. This is a real road warrior’s dock.
An 18W “tempest in a teapot” processor
The Intel Core i3 330UM provides the power. The UM stands for Ultra Mobile. Who are we to argue? It’s fast and it doesn’t suck down juice, that’s all we care about! Great Multitasking performance and a rich internet experience.
Intel Always Aware technology.
Intel Always Aware technology is constantly monitoring your system via a triple axis accelerometer – if you drop it, it will protect your hard drive during free-fall to prevent data loss. If you lock it down, it will sound an alarm if moved. And it will automatically rotate your display based on device orientation (like those fancy smart phones).
Intel Anti-theft technology.
Utilizes 3rd party services to provide a complete lockdown of your laptop, even if the OS has been reloaded. Theft triggers include failed login attempts, local timer expiration, and theft messages from a server. You can easily unlock your recovered laptop by simply calling your service provider.
Allows you to use your Clutch-13 as a mobile hotspot. Connect your smartphone or even a colleagues lesser machine to your Clutch 13 to share your internet connection without the need for a separate router.
Large, multi-national computer manufacturers have commoditized the PC market by subsidizing their products with the installation of intrusive, third party software. They are paid to do this. This software bogs down your system and prevents it from running at its highest potential. It also has the tendency to make your system unstable or may conflict with software you wish to install. All MAINGEAR systems eschews these tactics as we believe that YOU are the customer, not a third party software provider. We build purebred PCs designed for performance and reliability, not billboards and advertisments.
|Clutch 13: myrealitytech.com
“Blistering fast notebook... takes multitaksing to another level...I've used other notebooks that are in the same category as the Clutch-13 and they dont even compare... I recommend the Clutch-13 for any gamers out there looking for a ultra-compact laptop for gaming on the go.”
Read the Full Review -
|About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Awards: best gaming laptop
Maingear receives the most votes to win Best Gaming Laptop of 2011 award from ABOUT.COM
|clutch-13: hot hardware recommended award
“The Clutch 13 is a very refreshing ultraportable….. the performance (outside of gaming) was outstanding, and the machine remained nice and cool throughout our testing”
Read the Full Review -
While we've solved a vast majority of PCs, hardware, and software issues over the years, there will always be a few inevitable setbacks we face. Until we figure out how to build a perpetual sustaining machine, consumer electronics will have a shelf life. Sometimes, bad batches of components make it through the line and end up in our hands. It may seem they function perfectly at the moment, but their life span is unpredictably short. And let's face it, when your system suffers problems, you will feel frustrated and helpless. That's how MAINGEAR stands apart from other companies. We work closely with vendors to catch these anomalies, often times with customer feedback, and get the updated firmware or replacements needed get our systems running at their expected performance as quickly as possible. We appreciate you beyond just a customer and stand behind the quality product we have designed. There's a basic tenet of project management we adhere to: design quality in so you don't have to inspect it later. All of our products are well thought out, well researched, well tested, and leave our facilities with confidence, and if this downtime occurs with your machine, just know that we will not abandon you.
These are the promises we make to you.
1. You will never speak to anyone that works on commission. And those who you do speak to about a purchase will have built systems for us, or will be current technicians, engineers, and support personnel. You'll never get better advice than from these employees.
2. You will never be oversold. If we think you may be spending more money than you should for your needs, we'll advise you of ways to save money. Conversely, if we think you may not have configured a PC for the performance you're looking for, we'll let you know about that, too. But we'll never pressure you.
3. For the first 30 days of ownership, we will pay 2-way shipping of your system should a problem arise.
4. You will never have to pay for phone support or labor for the lifetime of the system. There are actually companies that make you pay for this after 90 days.
5. At our discretion, we'll engage a 3rd party service to provide on-site service at no additional cost.
6. We'll always replace any failed components in your PC with something that is at least equal in performance and features if we are no longer able to acquire the original part.
7. At your request, we will employ our virtual on-site, hardware-based remote diagnostic technology to fix any quirky software issues you may have. And we'll record it if you wish to reference it later, or to ensure your privacy concerns. This perfect blend of pre- and post- sales support and service make up MAINGEAR™ SERVICE. It's the foundation of our success and the key to our future growth. We feel it's important to make this information front and center.