In addition, the eX-L 17 is replete with ports. USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and even a fast charging, high current USB port for quickly charging your mobile devices. The eX-L 17 also has DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort, fully encompassing the range of connections found on today’s monitors and TVs. In addition, you’ll never run out of storage with the inclusion of eSATA (which doubles as an extra USB 3.0 port, how handy) and IEEE 1394a Firewire.
17 INCHES OF 3D GAMING GOODNESS
Introducing the all-new, redisgned EX-L 17. The EX-L 17 features support for 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor and the fastest notebook GPUs on the planet – the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series. This top-of-the-line technology contains all the latest connectivity ports and features Optimus technology for maximum 3D performance when you need it, and power savings for on the go.
FOR THE DEMANDING COMPUTER ENTHUSIAST
The eX-L 17 features amazing display technology. Its standard 1080p LED back-lit display comes in a super clear, glossy finish. But it also offers amazing color reproduction capabilities with an optional 90% NTSC color gamut displays in a super clear glossy finish (coming soon.) These amazing panels display color the way they were meant to be seen, for the discerning enthusiast looking for more from their laptop than can be commonly found. And don’t forget NVIDIA 3D Vision. Games pop out of the screen with the world’s best ecosystem of 3D gaming technology with an optional 120Hz 3D-ready display with matte finish (coming soon.)
Intel Core TechnologySupports 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core technology for blazing performance and cool operation with maximum battery life. The eX-L 15 Super Stock adds support for mobile Intel Extreme Edition processors.
NVIDIA GTX graphics deliver a lush, smoother gaming experience. With support for PhysX, watch your DX11 games come to life at fast frame rates and high resolutions. The eX-L 17 comes stock with a GTX 670M, with an option to upgrade to a GTX 675M.
game in the darkYou asked, and we delivered. The eX-L 17 Super Stock comes with a fully back-lit keyboard and W/A/S/D gaming keys to ensure accuracy in any lighting condition.
A FullHD 1080P LED-backlit matte display offers crisp graphics and high definition media and comes standard.
fast ddr3 memory
Up to 32GB of premium DDR memory from Corsair delivers powerful multitasking and powerful multimedia editing
Grab two hard drives and go RAID 0 for speed or RAID 1 for data protection. Get the best of both worlds with a RAID 1 mechanical array and an SSD caching drive.
Boost mechanical hard drive performance up to 5X without the cost and complexity of a multi-drive setup or large SSD drives. An SSD caching drive works automatically and transparently to boost bootup times, application load times, level load times, and other repetitive, disk-intensive tasks.
Dual speakers with built-in subwoofer designed by Onkyo deliver a more immersive mobile sound stage.
Including USB 3.0, USB 2.0, eSATA, 802.11n, Bluetooth, Ethernet, HDMI, and VGA out
Multi-touch pointing device with gesture and scrolling function
Large, multi-national computer manufacturers have commoditized the PC market by subsidizing their products with the installation of intrusive, third party software. They are paid to do this. This software bogs down your system and prevents it from running at its highest potential. It also has the tendency to make your system unstable or may conflict with software you wish to install. All MAINGEAR systems eschews these tactics as we believe that YOU are the customer, not a third party software provider. We build purebred PCs designed for performance and reliability, not billboards and advertisments.
|About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Awards: best gaming laptop
Maingear receives the most votes to win Best Gaming Laptop of 2011 award from ABOUT.COM
|EX-L 17: Digital Trends Review
“Maingear's eX-L 17 gaming laptop dominates the competition and will play whatever game you want, however you want to play it. Unstoppable gaming power, Vibrant, 17-inch 1080p display, Minimal preinstalled clutter, Loud speakers, Generous inputs and outputs, US-based customer support.”
Read the Full Review -
|EX-L 17: the gadget guy review
“King of gaming laptops”
Read the Full Review -
While we've solved a vast majority of PCs, hardware, and software issues over the years, there will always be a few inevitable setbacks we face. Until we figure out how to build a perpetual sustaining machine, consumer electronics will have a shelf life. Sometimes, bad batches of components make it through the line and end up in our hands. It may seem they function perfectly at the moment, but their life span is unpredictably short. And let's face it, when your system suffers problems, you will feel frustrated and helpless. That's how MAINGEAR stands apart from other companies. We work closely with vendors to catch these anomalies, often times with customer feedback, and get the updated firmware or replacements needed get our systems running at their expected performance as quickly as possible. We appreciate you beyond just a customer and stand behind the quality product we have designed. There's a basic tenet of project management we adhere to: design quality in so you don't have to inspect it later. All of our products are well thought out, well researched, well tested, and leave our facilities with confidence, and if this downtime occurs with your machine, just know that we will not abandon you.
These are the promises we make to you.
1. You will never speak to anyone that works on commission. And those who you do speak to about a purchase will have built systems for us, or will be current technicians, engineers, and support personnel. You'll never get better advice than from these employees.
2. You will never be oversold. If we think you may be spending more money than you should for your needs, we'll advise you of ways to save money. Conversely, if we think you may not have configured a PC for the performance you're looking for, we'll let you know about that, too. But we'll never pressure you.
3. For the first 30 days of ownership, we will pay 2-way shipping of your system should a problem arise.
4. You will never have to pay for phone support or labor for the lifetime of the system. There are actually companies that make you pay for this after 90 days.
5. At our discretion, we'll engage a 3rd party service to provide on-site service at no additional cost.
6. We'll always replace any failed components in your PC with something that is at least equal in performance and features if we are no longer able to acquire the original part.
7. At your request, we will employ our virtual on-site, hardware-based remote diagnostic technology to fix any quirky software issues you may have. And we'll record it if you wish to reference it later, or to ensure your privacy concerns. This perfect blend of pre- and post- sales support and service make up MAINGEAR™ SERVICE. It's the foundation of our success and the key to our future growth. We feel it's important to make this information front and center.