MAINGEAR is an innovative high performance PC system builder that offers custom desktops, custom built laptops, pc workstations, small form factor PCs and media center PCs. Each system is hand crafted for ultimate performance with uncompromising quality that has won multiple Editors’ Choice awards from publications such as PC World, Maximum PC, Computer Shopper and more. With a passion to build the best high performance computers and custom gaming computers, MAINGEAR will continue to set the standard. MAINGEAR’s expert team custom builds and supports all products in the United States. Customize yours now.
MAINGEAR and the MAINGEAR logo, and other names of MAINGEAR products referenced in this Website are registered trademarks or other trademarks, service marks or trade names of MAINGEAR Corporation.
Heavyweight Champion of the World
Heavyweight Champion of the World – the MAINGEAR SHIFT has won 18 Editor's Choice Awards in 29 months including a 2011 CES Design and Innovations award, setting the standard for design aesthetics, features, and performance. Combining intelligent integration of the best components on the market with the discipline to stick to viable mid/full tower size, weight, and noise constraints, the MAINGEAR SHIFT eschews gimmicky, expensive, and finicky cooling solutions that suck power and create too much noise, instead going for a sublime blend of liquid and air cooling where it makes sense. In other words, the SHIFT isn't a trailer queen, rather a purebred performance PC. The 90 degree rotation of the motherboard accompanied by a single 180mm fan strategically installed beneath the GPUs allows for even triple GPU setups to gain adequate cooling, keeping the fan noise down and the performance up. The EPIC 180 closed loop CPU cooler combined with EPIC T1000 phase change metal alloy delivers category-leading thermal efficiency without any of the fuss and uncertainty of hand-built watercooling loops. No refills, just 50,000 hours MTBF of performance. And as icing on the cake, the EPIC Audio Engine adds punch and presence for your headphones and mic and works with integrated or discrete audio solution you'd add to your personalized configuration, utilizing technology from Aphex in an exclusive design.
Anything and Everything
the SHIFT can accommodate up to 12 SSDs or 9 mechanical hard drives, eATX motherboards and dual CPUs, triple GPUs, multiple closed-loop liquid cooling options, the finest power supplies on the market, 64GB of RAM for single socket designs, triple optical drives, and every connection under the Sun (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, eSATA, FireWire, DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA, SPDIF, 7.1 Surround, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless, Bluetooth, and more) - but if you can think of something we missed, let us know and we'll add it.
Super Charge with Super Stock
The SHIFT Super Stock Z77 gains some impressive features and performance with the introduction of the 3rd Generation Intel Core processor, each of which are carefully integrated to deliver a whole new level of PC performance.
• Fusion Thermo (Maximus V Formula only) delivers a hybrid air/liquid cooling solution for the voltage regulators, ensuring that clean, consistent power is delivered to the CPU for heavy overclocking duty. An optional 120mm radiator loop is offered to drop the temperatures even further.
• Extreme Engine Digit+ II is equipped with the finest Japanese-made 10K Black Metallic capacitors for maximum overclocking potential
• SupremeFX III (Maximus V Formula only) – don't compromise on audio just because your filling your motherboard up with graphics cards. The Asus SupremeFX III onboard audio solution features a carefully selected 1500uF capacitor that provides clean, ripple-free audio power, and a metallic EMI cover and special design layout on the PCB isolating analog audio signals from digital sources for exceptional clarity. The SupremeFX III features X-Fi MB2, THX TruStudio PRO, and EAX HD 5.0 industry standards
• GameFirst – manage the flow of internet traffic according to your needs so you don't have to interrupt your downloads just to jump into a game. GameFirst delivers the low ping times you need. Coupled with an Intel Gigabit LAN solution, you'll see lower CPU utilization and better stability
• mPCIe Combo (Maximus V Formula only) – gain extra expansion with the inclusion of a dedicated mini PCI Express 2.0 port and mSATA port. Add caching without taking up valuable hard drive expansion space, and/or add an Intel Centrino 802.11n + Bluetooth or Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless solution.
• Military Grade Design (Sabertooth Z77 only) – TUF components (Choke, Cap. & MOSFET certified through third party MilSpec testing)
• Thermal Armor (Sabertooth Z77 only) – Directs hot air away from components and the motherboard via tunneling, utilizing special heat pipes to expedite thermal cooling.